Harcourts City Residential – The Unfair Advantage
We understand the competitive nature of the Real Estate industry and more specifically the Asset Management sector. It can be difficult to identify and appoint a top quality agent to manage your investment.
We would like to propose Harcourts for quality assured management
We don’t do just one thing better, we do everything better – providing our clients with a superior 7 star service.
It is important for us to better understand you, your property and your individual needs and to give you the opportunity to fully understand Harcourts and the difference we can make for you and your investment. The following information covers only a few of our many key differences.
Our team is trained to the highest industry standards. They’re selected for their superior skills, passion for Real Estate, the industry and their commitment to excellence. We continue to deliver service that goes far beyond the expectations of clients.
To meet the team click here
Since inception in New Zealand back in 1888 Harcourts ventured across the ditch to Australia in 1997. The fastest growing, Victoria, boasts 47 of the 650+ offices now also prominent in China, USA, Indonesia, Fiji, South Africa and Singapore.
Harcourts provides outstanding, market leading, systems, support, tools, technology and training. This fits perfectly with our philosophy at Harcourts City Residential that ‘Technology should support service and not replace it’ by fully utilising all that is available to us it enables us to provide better quality service to our clients, with a personal touch and with an international network actively working for you.
Personal Inspection Policy
Open homes and private inspections are by “escort only” this is for several reasons.
1) Security is always maintained.
2) Prospective tenants can be assessed by the agent, in person, not just by an application form.
3) The property is fully presented to the prospective tenant, referrals can be made between properties hence increasing exposure and your leasing opportunities
Video Condition Reports
As a part of our 7 star service, Harcourts City Residential has introduced high definition video condition reports for all new tenancies and routine inspections.
We believe that video footage can best capture the condition of your property before a tenant moves in and provides the best protection and peace of mind for all parties. It’s also the best way to monitor the condition of the property over time, particularly for owners who may be interstate or overseas. A copy of the condition report is given to the landlord & tenant and subsequent routine inspections are also recorded and sent to the landlord. Copies of all the footage is retained on file and forms conclusive evidence at the end of the tenancy and can also be used at the tribunal in the unlikely event it’s required.
At Harcourts City Residential we feel that it’s important to evolve and utilize all available technology to support our service and ensure we are providing the highest quality property management.
Periodic Inspections/Rent Reviews/Lease Renewals
We enter the property for the first periodic inspection 3 months into the tenancy. This allows us to address any concerns very early in the tenancy. We then inspect again at 9 months and every 6 months thereafter, we check the property’s condition as well as assessing it’s current market rent. This timing is then perfect for serving a rent increase notice and a lease renewal letter prior to the end of the tenancy.
Comprehensive Information and Advice
At Harcourts we don’t tell you what we think you want to hear. We tell you what you need to know and provide you with information relevant to your property, the moving market and any related issues. We believe in advising you on more than just finding a tenant and property maintenance.
The following link provides just one example of the type of comprehensive information you can expect http://wp.me/py25G-or
We say what we do and do as we say
No more empty promises. You will always know what we are going to do and when we’ve done it. Communication is paramount.
Three month money back guarantee
Because we know how good our service is we are pleased to offer you a three-month guarantee. If you are not 100% satisfied with our management of your property we will refund the management fees paid.
SCHEDULE OF SERVICES
Harcourts happily provide the following services as part of the comprehensive management of your property/properties.
SCHEDULE OF FEES & CHARGES
The fees given below are our standard charges for a single property. Please note, not all fees are charged to every property. Many are incidentals that may never be required.
Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the above prices. Prices may change at any time and will be notified at the earliest opportunity.
|Leasing Fee||4.40%||Of gross fixed term rent (incl. GST)|
|Management Fee||7.70%||Of monthly rental (incl. GST)|
|Lease Renewal Fee||1.10%||Of gross annual rent (incl. GST)|
|Statement Fee||$19.80||End Of Financial Year Statement (incl. GST)|
|Key Cutting||$4.40||Per standard key (incl. GST)|
|Condition Report Photos – DVD (also includes routine inspections)||$99.00||To support condition report (inc. GST)|
|National Tenancy Database Check||$15.00||Per tenant checked (incl. GST)|
|National Tenancy Database Check||$25.00||Per Company (incl.GST)|
|Inventory Creation – Fully Furnished||$200.00||Per tenant checked (incl. GST)|
|Inventory Check – Fully Furnished||$50.00||Per Company (incl.GST)|
|Tribunal Applications||$59.80||As charged by the tribunal (GST ex)|
|Tribunal Appearance||$50.00||Per hour (incl. GST)|
|Warrant of Possession||$144.20||Purchase/Service of Warrant (incl. GST)|
|8 Internet Sites||$350.00||www.harcourts.com.au|
|All prices incl. GST||www.realestate.com.au|
|In House Digital Photos||$40.00||Used for Advertising on Internet Sites|
|Professional Photos (highley recommended)||$165.00||Up to 6 Shots|
Landlord insurance is extremely important, it provides protection for your property, as well as protection against your tenant. It also provides public liability insurance.
Landlord insurance is tax effective and a MUST for all property investors.
To read up on our preferred Landlord Insurance providers please click on the following links: Property Insurance Plus and Property Insurance Plus Form or alternative please feel free to give Greg Rowe a call 0450 922 234
DISPUTE RESOLUTION POLICY
When a person makes a complaint it is requested that the person put the complaint in writing.
The person who has had the complaint made against them must give a written reply to the Officer in Effective Control/Manager within 48 hours
The Officer in Effective Control/Manager must make contact with the complainant within 24 hours and advise that the matter will be looked into and a written reply sent to the client as soon as possible (within 72 hours)
- If the matter cannot be resolved by the office, it is Suggested that the complaint be sent to Gary Dans at Harcourts Head Office, 350 Charman Road, Cheltenham 1300 856773 who will then investigate the matter. If the matter is referred to head office, you must forward copies of all relevant documentation for perusal.
In the event that the matter cannot be conciliated this the matter will be referred to EARS (estate agents resolution service) who will then take a more formal approach to the matter. You can telephone EARS on 1300 737030 weekdays to discuss your complaint.
You can also refer the matter to the Dispute Settlement Centre of Victoria. Enquires can be made to 4/456 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne 96038370
COMPLAINT HANDLING GUIDLINES
Under the provisions of the Estate Agents Professional Conduct Regulations:
8. Dispute Resolution.
- An estate agent and an agent’s representative must have in place procedures for resolving complaints and disputes arising from the operation of the agent’s estate agency practice.
- An estate agent must advise a person that the estate agent has procedures for resolving complaints and disputes: – before obtaining a signed written engagement or appointment from the person or as soon as possible after obtaining the engagement or appointment.
- An agent’s representative must advise a person that the licensed estate agent: (for whom the agent’s representative is performing the functions of an estate agent) has procedures for resolving complaints and disputes – before a signed written engagement or appointment is obtained from the person; or as soon as possible after the engagement or appointment is obtained.
- If a person makes a complaint to an estate agent about the estate agent or any person acting on behalf of the estate agent (including an agent’s representative), the estate agent’s procedures for resolving complaints and disputes as soon as possible after the complaint is made. An estate agent must make every effort to minimise and resolve disputes with a principal that relate to the performance of the estate agents functions.
- If a person makes a complaint to an agent’s representative about the agent’s representative or the licensed estate agent for whom the agent’s representative is performing the functions of an estate agent, the agent’s representative must inform the person of the licensed estate agent’s procedures for resolving complaints and disputes as soon s possible after the complaint is made.
- An agent’s representative must make every effort to minimise and resolve Disputes with a principal that relate to the performance of an agent’s representative’s functions.
- Agents need to also be aware of Item 6 of a General Authority and Item 8 of an Exclusive Authority in regards to Dispute Resolution.
The best way to describe Esme’s efforts is to say she has taken us out of the darkness and into the sun. James of your group asked me at the time our property was being vacated if I would like Esme to contact me after a fortnight to see how I was going with a new tenancy. Sure enough 2 weeks later Esme rang and I advised that progress with RUN was slow and that I had not heard anything from them for 8 days. She pointed out that this was well below the standards of performance required at Harcourts emphasising the importance of regular communication particularly at change of tenancy. That day she sent me the authority to act paperwork, arranged for professional photography and re-connection of electricity. It was a particularly difficult handover of property managers as there was an issue with RUN about the full set of keys but Esme stuck at it and eventually succeeded.
For the next week Esme kept daily contact with either myself or my daughter Jasmine who is Melbourne based and within 7 days satisfactory tenants have moved in at a rental far exceeding our expectations. Esme’s communication skills, thoroughness and speed of action can only be described as outstanding. She is a credit to your company and must be a major asset. I feel so comfortable that our property is now in safe hands at Harcourts and I expect we will have a long and stress-less association with your business particularly if you are able to retain people of the calibre of Esme. A wonderful effort with a great result.
David & Genoveva – Wellington Crescent Landlords
On purchasing an investment property in East Melbourne, I was fortunate enough to employ Esme Gordon as my property manager. Initially I considered using her services as she worked for the same real estate firm as that from whom I had purchased the property however, it was evident from the beginning that she conducted a highly professional and successful service.
Before our first meeting, I received information and statistics which outlined the results and process on which Esme based her property management. Of course, she was a total delight to communicate with and at all times expressed succinctly the methods which would be used to let my apartment. Esme always returned my phone calls and emails most promptly.
Esme’s greatest strength though, was her ability to assess the individual circumstances and needs of her clients and this became obvious with my property and in her reflections of other properties she had managed.
At all times, I felt like a valued person, not just a client, and my apartment was ultimately let for a pleasing rental.
Esme would be a asset to any firm lucky enough to employ her services.
Sally – East Melbourne Landlord
To view all of our testimonials please visit: http://cityresidential.harcourts.com.au/Home/Our-Team/Testimonials/10330